All participants of the DCGFFL are expected to work together and abide by CDC guidelines to ensure a safe environment for playing flag football. On registration, players will be required to sign an agreement and release waiver to comply with these policies at all times during league events.
Players, Officials, and Spectators are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated against COVID-19, if they have not already done so.
Proof of vaccination will not be required for participation in DCGFFL, but getting vaccinated is the best way to make our league as safe as possible. We truly hope everyone who is safely able to get vaccinated chooses to do so.
Those choosing to play must do so with the understanding that there may be unvaccinated participants, and that individuals personally assume any associated risk for the decision to engage in league play.
- Vaccinated Participants: Per CDC guidelines, masks will not be required for those vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Unvaccinated Participants: You are expected to wear a mask during league play and at all other times while at games and league functions, per local guidelines.
- All vaccinated participants who may choose to still wear masks are welcome to do so, at their option.
- Teams are required to bring their own game balls.
- At the beginning of the season, Captains will be given team bags that include flag belts. Flag belts must not be shared with other teams.
COVID-19 Exposure and Notification
- Participants are instructed to stay at home if they feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19, in addition to abiding by all local and Federal COVID-19 recommendations.
- If a participant tests positive for COVID-19, we encourage them to notify us as soon as possible by emailing [email protected] or contacting a board member. All personal information will be kept confidential.
- DCGFFL will abide by all local and Federal guidelines, in the event we receive a report of a participant testing positive. This includes, but is not limited to: Contacting all participants with potential contact with the COVID-positive participant(s).
- Note, per CDC and local guidelines, fully vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine if they have come in close contact of a person with COVID-19. However, they must self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days after the date of exposure. Unvaccinated individuals must begin self-quarantine as soon as they are notified of their exposure.
These guidelines are subject to change based on local, federal, and CDC requirements.